Issue 166 2019-07-04
Subscribe now! We'll never send you spam. You can also follow us on Twitter or with our feed. Read more issues in the archives.
Welcome to another issue of Haskell Weekly! Haskell is a safe, purely functional programming language with a fast, concurrent runtime. This is a weekly summary of what’s going on in its community.
- A Julia set generator
- A story told by Type Errors
- custom type checker errors for propellor
- Cutting through the smog: making an air quality bot with Haskell
- Functional Reactive Programming with Reflex and CodeWorld
- Gloss Review!
- Harvesting annotations from the GHC parser
- HIE Files - coming soon to a GHC near you!
- Microsmos: Writing a simple tree-editor with brick.
- Monthly Hask Anything (July 2019)
- New Stackage snapshot format
- Programming with Universal Constructions
- Releasing AWS Lambda Haskell Runtime v2
- Thoughts for a Haskell IDE
- When children processes exit - a debugging story.
Galois is hiring for a variety of roles (ad)
Including but not limited to: Software Engineers/Researchers, Project Managers, Hardware Engineers, Software Integration Engineer.
We collaborate with organizations like NASA, DARPA, and AWS to explore blue sky ideas and turn them into usable technology. Some of the things we’ve worked on in the past: Formal methods, static analysis, cryptographic algorithms, abstract interpretation, type theory, formal verification, reinforcement learning, autonomous systems assurance, communication security, cyber-deception for network defense, DDoS defense, provable hardware security, and statistical anomaly detection for detecting advanced persistent threats. We think working here is awesome; see lifeatgalois.com.
Full Stack Sr. Software Engineer (Haskell) (ad)
Interos is hiring. We are committed to building a world class product organization that leverages tools like Haskell to achieve outsized results. We’re looking for engineers who relish solving the hard technical and analytics challenges and diving into the subtle details that make products amazing.
Trying to hire a Haskell developer? You should advertise with us!
Package of the week
This week’s package of the week is semirings, a library that provides the
Semiring class and associated instances.