Welcome to another issue of Haskell Weekly! Haskell is a safe, purely functional programming language with a fast, concurrent runtime. This is a weekly summary of what’s going on in its community.
- A Julia set generator
- A story told by Type Errors
- custom type checker errors for propellor
- Cutting through the smog: making an air quality bot with Haskell
- Functional Reactive Programming with Reflex and CodeWorld
- Gloss Review!
- Harvesting annotations from the GHC parser
- HIE Files - coming soon to a GHC near you!
- Microsmos: Writing a simple tree-editor with brick.
- Monthly Hask Anything (July 2019)
- New Stackage snapshot format
- Programming with Universal Constructions
- Releasing AWS Lambda Haskell Runtime v2
- Thoughts for a Haskell IDE
- When children processes exit - a debugging story.
Including but not limited to: Software Engineers/Researchers, Project Managers, Hardware Engineers, Software Integration Engineer.
We collaborate with organizations like NASA, DARPA, and AWS to explore blue sky ideas and turn them into usable technology. Some of the things we’ve worked on in the past: Formal methods, static analysis, cryptographic algorithms, abstract interpretation, type theory, formal verification, reinforcement learning, autonomous systems assurance, communication security, cyber-deception for network defense, DDoS defense, provable hardware security, and statistical anomaly detection for detecting advanced persistent threats. We think working here is awesome; see lifeatgalois.com.
Interos is hiring. We are committed to building a world class product organization that leverages tools like Haskell to achieve outsized results. We’re looking for engineers who relish solving the hard technical and analytics challenges and diving into the subtle details that make products amazing.
Trying to hire a Haskell developer? You should advertise with us!
Package of the week
This week’s package of the week is semirings, a library that provides the
Semiring class and associated instances.
Call for participation
- 2019-07-04 in Raleigh, NC, USA by Raleigh Haskell Meetup: (hack . yack)
- 2019-07-06 in Berkeley, CA by Code Self Study: Open Programming Session (Saturday Afternoon)
- 2019-07-06 in Boston, MA, USA by Weekly Functional Programming Meetup: Hang out + short talk (topic not yet announced)
- 2019-07-07 in West Des Moines, IA, USA by Des Moines Haskell Study Group: (West DSM) Week 7. Algebraic datatypes. (Review ch. 9 & 10 plus ch. 11 & 12)
- 2019-07-08 in Irvine, CA by Orange Combinator - Functional Programming In OC: Introducing Prolog with Ernesto!
- 2019-07-08 in Pittsburgh, PA by Pittsburgh Functional Programming Meetup: The SAFE stack in F#
- 2019-07-09 in San Diego, CA, USA by San Diego Clojurians: Inaugural meeting of the San Diego Clojure Meetup hosted by Functional Works
- 2019-07-09 in Vancouver, BC, Canada by Functional Programming Vancouver: Functional Programming Meetup
- 2019-07-10 in Berkeley, CA by Code Self Study: Open Programming Session (Wednesday, Berkeley)
- 2019-07-10 in Montréal, QC, Canada by Lambda Montreal: Max Golubev presents to us: How to query the world
- 2019-07-10 in Portland, OR, USA by Portland Functional Programming Study Group: PDX Func Theory Track - Logic and Proof
- 2019-07-10 in Saint Louis, MO, USA by STLFullStack: Building Web Services with Haskell
- 2019-07-10 in Tucson, AZ, USA by Tucson Functional Programmers: Monthly Get Together
- 2019-07-10 in Washington, DC, USA by The Joy of Programming Meetup: Gradual Typing in Dynamic Languages
- 2019-07-11 in Jacksonville , FL, USA by Jax.Ex: Connect Amazon RDS to an Elixir/Phoenix Web App, and more!
- 2019-07-11 in Las Vegas, NV, USA by Las Vegas Functional Programming User Group: Functional Programming Meetup
- 2019-07-11 in Madison, WI, USA by Madhackers: hack night
- 2019-07-11 in Raleigh, NC, USA by Raleigh Haskell Meetup: (hack . yack)
- 2019-07-04 in München, Germany by Munich NixOS Meetup: NixOS Munich Community Meetup
- 2019-07-08 in Delft, Netherlands by Delft Haskell Study Group: Haskell Study Session #17
- 2019-07-09 in Bristol, United Kingdom by CodeHub Bristol: Hack Night
- 2019-07-09 in Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom by Functional Programming North East: ICFP Programming Contest 2019 post event analysis
- 2019-07-09 in Tübingen, Germany by Tü.λ - Tübinger Functional Programming Night: 6. Functional Programming Meetup Tübingen
- 2019-07-10 in Berlin, Germany by Berlin Haskell Users Group: Haskell Wednesday
- 2019-07-10 in Leeds, United Kingdom by Code & Coffee (Leeds): Code & Coffee
- 2019-07-11 in London, United Kingdom by Hoodlums: Hoodlums Meetup
- 2019-07-04 in Taipei, Taiwan by Functional Thursday: FunTh#74 談 Groebner basis 與 Buchberger’s Algorithm
- 2019-07-06 in Bengaluru, India by Bots,AR,PWeb-Mobile,ServerlessCC & BChain Codeseeker’s: GO Lang $5,000 case study
- 2019-07-10 in Singapore, Singapore by HASKELL.SG: July Singapore Haskell Meetup
- 2019-07-08 in Sandton, South Africa by Lambda Luminaries: Report from the trenches: Scala Days 2019 (Lausanne, Switzerland)
- 2019-07-09 in Brisbane, Australia by Brisbane Functional Programming Group (BFPG): Leksah’s Great FRP Transformation - Sean Chalmers
- 2019-07-11 in Santiago, Chile by Santiago Scala Meetup: Santiago Scala Meetup